Thursday, February 9, 2012

What are you doing for your family this year?

Good morning!  Today I am 54 lbs lighter than I was a year ago.  In just 2 Health Point cycles I have lost 22 lbs. and the second cycle isn't over yet!!  I have been sick this week so no  voice, no out door excursions no real walking but I'm still losing weight. Since today of last  year I have taken off 11.5 inches from my waist, 3 inches from each thigh, and 7 inches from my hips.    I am still gluten free and still optimistic.

Today is a much better day emotionally.  Monday was the anniversary of birth and death of our daughter.  She would be 3 years old now.  The days leading up to Monday were the hardest as I wasn't sure where I would be emotionally when the day came.  Turns out I was eyeball deep in mucus and ear pain. While the loss never leaves us, life still carries on.  I thought about Lilly all day on Monday and know that she has moved on to do bigger and better things somewhere else.  She is still the driving force that pushes me to exceed my own expectations.

My husband and I have been talking about running in a 5k.  We are planning to complete one before summer and hope to be able to do a half marathon before the end of the year.  Lilly pushes us to go further.  I plan to lose another 70 - 90 lbs this year and will then start with the IVF again.  We still have 8 embryos waiting for us to get our shit together.  (pardon my language but there it is)

I found that when we started the In Vitro process we were so focused on the end result we didn't even think about what we needed to do to prepare ourselves for the marathon of parenting.  Over the last two years I have been able to take a really good look at all the physical demands of parenting.  We were soooo not ready. Physically we were incapable of climbing stairs without huffing and puffing.  What would we do to care for our kids?  What would be teaching our kids?  What kind of example would we really be?

This year I turn 40.  It is going to be an amazing year.  I have big plans and goals.

What are you doing for your family this year?

love and hugs,


Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment