Thursday, September 16, 2010

Greetings from the opposite coast :)

Hi folks, it's been a crazy couple of days.  I am now in San Diego and I'm so happy to be here.  Things will still be crazy for the next week or so, but it's a good crazy.  So in regards to previous posts I have some information regarding pcos, dieting and infertility. 

So here's the very bare-bones gist of the recommended diets for those of us with pcos, a few pounds to lose and struggling with infertility:  Eat lots of complex carbohydrates - e.g. kale, spinach, lettuce, peppers any kind of vegetable, yes including potatoes.  The trick is to buy organic when you can and as fresh as you can find.  Eat plenty of  protein as well. Balance out your meals but limit or eliminate your intake of foods made with flour, sugar or other simple carbs.  It turns out that if you lose just a few pounds you could increase your likelihood of conceiving.  Seems like a fair trade to me..

Well folks I'm struggling to stay awake with the time change so it's time for me to hit the hay. 

hugs and love to you all.

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment