Friday, September 10, 2010

News and notes

So here I am in Atlanta and it has been a long trip down here.   I tried to get in as many opportunities to walk on the way down, if for no other reason than to keep myself active and not get super stiff.  I'm still working out the details of the diet I need to follow and will keep you updated as I go.

On other news today...  I know that the clinic I used for IVF had a fantastic program that allowed us to do up to 3 transfers and if it did not result in pregnancy we be refunded.  It seemed like a great opportunity and I was surprised that other clinics were not offering something similar.  Well it turns out that there are quite a few clinics offering a refund program or some other financial assistance.  This is great news for those who do not have insurance coverage for IVF.  The name of the program is Attain IVF.  If the doctors affiliated with that program are not near you or who you want to work with, check out http://www.haveababy.com/ the Sher Institute of Reprodutive Medicine.  I worked with the Sher Institute for my retrievals and transfers.  The doctors and staff are amazing; they are friendly and knowledgable.  I felt truly safe and comfortable. 

Another helpful website is http://www.theafa.org/  a great resource for infertility prevention, reproductive health and family building.  I have been following their articles for the last year and there is always something relevent and useful no matter your situation.

For another source that offers lots of great information with a fair amount of advertisement check out http://www.conceiveonline.com/.

I'll be at a conference most of the weekend and probably won't post until either Monday or Tuesday.  Enjoy!!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment